Actively involved with the Development Education Association (DEA) to incorporate a global dimension into learning in adult, further and higher education, in the UK, since 1995.
Committed to the concepts of education for sustainable development (ESD), linking local and global.
Developed The Global Trainer course in partnership with the DEA and the Institute of Education, London.
- 2001- 2004 Curriculum developer and trainer first accredited tutor training programme with a global dimension, Bringing the World into Learning and Teaching, WEA/DEA/NIACE
- 2001 – 2004 Accredited tutor training programme Learning in a Global Society, DEA/WEA
- 2004 to date: Curriculum developer and trainer, Advanced Diploma ‘Global Trainer’ Institute of Education, London / DEA
- 2004 Facilitator for workshops on Action Research, Oxfam National Team
- 2004 – 2005 Project advisor on evaluation, Global Dimension in ITET, Manchester University
- 2004 to date: External evaluator, Global Citzenship in Initial Teacher Training. Council for Education in World Citizenship-Cymru
- 2004 (July) Facilitator for HLSP Health Systems Resource Centre on Rights-based approaches to maternal mortality
- 2004 to date: External evaluator, Learning About Others, Learning about Ourselves, MUNDI, Centre for Global Education, University of Nottingham
- 2005 (Feb) Facilitator to HLSP Health Systems Resource Centre on Meeting the health-related needs of the very poor
- 2005 (June) Adviser to UNDP in Warsaw, Polland, on Global Dimensions in Higher Education
- 2005 – 2006 Facilitator of Pan-European project on evaluation of development education (DEEEP)
- 2002 – 2005 Project manager, Literacy and Conflict Resolution project, Southern Sudan
- 2001 – 2004 External advisor and evaluator, Global Initial Teacher Education programme, India, UK and Kenya
- 2003 (Jan) Facilitator for Education for All workshops, ActionAid, Kampala
- 2004 (June) Consultancy for DfID Health and Health Systems Resource Centres on ‘Service Delivery in Difficult Environments’ drawing on experiences in Sierra Leone and South Sudan
- 2005 to date: Consultant and trainer on Literacy and Conflict resolution for Care International in South Sudan (USAID funded)
- 2005 to date Adviser to Comhlámh on the development of the Global Trainer Ireland programme